[Mapserver-users] MS4.0 and Raster (GeoTiff) assistance needed

Phil Shevlin pshevlin at cityftmyers.com
Wed Nov 19 17:03:51 EST 2003

I have a map with a number of layers working.  I am trying to include a
raster layer (.tif).  When I include the layer:

  LAYER
    NAME "Test"
    STATUS ON
    DATA "E:/Inetpub/wwwroot/mapserver/raster/4424.tif"
    TYPE RASTER
    TEMPLATE "template_hi.html"
  END

The map shows but the layer does not appear.  I am assuming that it is a
projection problem.  My extent is in degrees:

EXTENT -81.917574 26.569844 -81.755026 26.691756

But the .tfw file appears otherwise:

4.00000000000000
0.00000000000000
0.00000000000000
-4.00000000000000
669000.00000000000000
855000.00000000000000

How do I go about including this layer?  Or, can someone point me to some
tutorials (I have found one that helps me).

Thanks
Phil Shevlin

I am using:
Win2K server
Mapserver 4.0
OGR => MapInfo .tab's

E:\Inetpub\wwwroot\cgi-bin>mapserv40 -v
MapServer version 4.0 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=PDF OUTPUT=SWF SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT INPUT=EPPL7
INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE