[Mapserver-users] Mapserver as WMS-client and authentication

GeoIT info at geo-it.com
Fri Nov 21 06:12:19 EST 2003

Hi list,

I'm using Mapserver as WMS-client and I'm accessing several other WMS, e.g.
from Esri and Intergraph. They use basic authentication to secure the data.

The problem: How I can tell Mapserver  (V.3.6, Maplab 2.01) to send user and
password ?

Sending it as http://user:pwd@..... Via the browser works, but if I add it
to CONNECTION-URL in the mapfile, a blank image is coming back.

Is there any other possibility to access secured layers from other WMS ?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

Geo-IT GmbH   -   Geoinformatik, IT-Services
Guggenberg 3, D-82380 Peissenberg
Tel: 08803-498372, Fax: 08803-498373
eMail: info at geo-it.com  -  Homepage: http://www.geo-it.com