[Mapserver-users] Mapserver as WMS-client and authentication

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Nov 21 13:40:48 EST 2003

GeoIT wrote:

> The problem: How I can tell Mapserver  (V.3.6, Maplab 2.01) to send user and
> password ?
>
> Sending it as http://user:pwd@..... Via the browser works, but if I add it
> to CONNECTION-URL in the mapfile, a blank image is coming back.
>
> Is there any other possibility to access secured layers from other WMS ?

I haven't tested this, but I would suggest that you try with MapServer
4.0.  It uses libcurl instead of libwww for its HTTP requests and it may
well be that curl will accept the user:password at hostname in the
connection string.  If it doesn't then please file an enhancement bug
for this in bugzilla and we'll see what we can do to pass the
user/password to curl.

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca