[Mapserver-users] The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:

Gautam Ganguly ggangul at transunion.com
Tue Nov 25 14:33:13 EST 2003

Hi all,
   I am a newbie to Mapserver and in the process of using mapserver
ver4.0 for Oracle Spatial on Win2000 server.I followed the instruction
for installing the server as well as the demo app.But when i try to
access the map server from my browser using:
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe , i get these error message:
CGI Error:
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete
set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:

My system Setup is: Win2000 Advanced
IIS : 5.0
Binary file name from the download site:  ms40_gif_oracle.zip
I followed the install as is given on the site at
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/demo_readme.html.

I did search  the mailing list archive  for the solution, but didnot
find any.
Before sending these mail i tried  the hints provided on the mailing
list as noted below:
A)From command prompt when i run mapserv.exe,i get the following
message:
C:\Inetpub\cgi-bin>mapserv.exe
This script can only be used to decode form results and
should be initiated as a CGI process via a httpd server.

B)by passing -v parameter i get the following output in the command
prompt:
C:\Inetpub\cgi-bin>mapserv.exe -v
MapServer version 4.0 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=PDF OUTPUT=SWF SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE
SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=ORACLESPATIAL INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL
INPUT=SHAPEFILE

Any help would be highly appreciated.

regards,
Gautam