[Mapserver-users] mapscript with php as a dso

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Nov 25 17:35:57 EST 2003

Inna Janssen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after I finally managed to compile mapscript, apache 2 and php 4.3.4 as a dso, I couldn't
> believe that mapscript only works with php as a cgi, because of "thread safety problems" ?
> To use php as cgi is not really acceptable for me in the long run.
> So, I wanted to ask, if  MapScript will work with the php module version in forseeable future?...

This limitation will be gone in MapServer 4.2 to be released hopefully
early next year.  If you feel brave you could try a nightly build of the
MapServer 4.1 development version, but you may run into other problems
because the code is undergoing changes so this may not be the best way
for you to get started with MapServer.

  Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca