[Mapserver-users] running demo application on Win2000

Wojciech Stadnicki wost at pf.pl
Thu Nov 27 06:33:39 EST 2003

Hi, I need some help with MapServer.
I've installed MapServer 4.0.1 on my Win2000. Also I've installed MS demo application (itasca 3.5), but when trying to run it, I get prompted to download "mapserv.exe" (just like it's described in html document describing this demo application). I'm not connected to the web, but I have web browser. I wonder whether MapServer can work properly when not connected to web server? When installing Demo Application, I've changed all necessary paths in 'demo_init.html' and 'demo.map' into appropriate locations on my hard disk, but still Demo Application doesn't work (as I described above). What should I do? Can I work with MapServer 'off-line' at all?
I've searched mailing list archive, but haven't found solution.
Many thanks for any help.
Greetings from Poland!
Wojciech Stadnicki