[Mapserver-users] Scale calculation

Palle Due Larsen palle at mail-online.dk
Thu Nov 27 17:00:09 EST 2003

The browser doesn't modify anything. The resolution is a pseudo-figure,
mapserver has no way of knowing your screen resolution or even screen
size. However, if you print from a web page, both internet explorer 5.5+
and netscape 6.1+ will use a resolution of 96 dpi. If you put a
"RESOLUTION 96" in your mapfile, mapservers [scale] will be alright for
print.

Best regards

Palle Due Larsen
Carl Bro GIS&IT