[Mapserver-users] Reading DWG

Stephen Clark stephen.clark at focus.ca
Thu Sep 4 14:11:31 EDT 2003

Frank and others,

My two cents:

I have tried using the opendwg software with not much luck.

I am now interested in FME from Safe software. www.safe.com
It has scripting abilities via a perl system command that can convert DWG to
SHP, vice versa and many more tricks for handling spatial data.

My plans with DWG files are to automate the viewing of many of my DWG  files
on top of the SHP files I already have.

Stephen