[Mapserver-users] Spatial/geometric extent of DGN?

Twan Kogels twan at twansoft.com
Mon Sep 8 05:34:16 EDT 2003

Hello,

I've received a couple of DGN files orginal made in Microstation. I ran
"ogrinfo" (a program supplied with gdal) on a single dgn and it output was:

========
using driver `DGN' successful.
1: elements
========

So i guess gdal can read the dgn file. But now i want mapserver to display
the DGN files. So i made a .map file and got stuck when defining the EXTENT
part of the map file, cause i don't know it.

When using ESRI shapefile, a program named "shpinfo" gives me the
spatial/geometric extent of a shapefile which i then use in the .map file.

Is there a program (for *nix) which gives me the spatial/geometric extent
of a DGN file?

Best regards,
Twan Kogels