[Mapserver-users] Beginner - WFS Setup Questions

Lowell Filak lfilak at medinaco.org
Mon Sep 8 16:16:44 EDT 2003

WFS client allows MapServer to read data from a WFS server but is not
required to read data from a MySQL database.
Is the data you wish to display already in a MySQL database or some
other format?
Lowell

The following message was sent by "Justin Chan" <justin at augsignals.com>
on Mon, 8 Sep 2003 09:32:21 -0400.

> Hello, I am interested in using mapserver to display certain features
> and their corresponding attributes. I understand that mapserver will >
allow me to accomplish this. However, after reading the documentation on
> setting up WFS and the MySQL database, I was very confused. I am
hoping > that someone will be able to help me.
> My project requires me to develop an application such that a feature >
would be displayed on a map, and upon clicking that feature, certain >
attributes such as name of the image, ownership, a user provided >
description and other text data would be displayed. It is my >
understanding that this information can be stored in a MySQL database >
and WFS can somehow access this data and return it.