[Mapserver-users] mapserver on Caldera Openlinux

Jon Shorie jshorie at medinaco.org
Thu Sep 11 14:37:09 EDT 2003

On Thursday 11 September 2003 12:49, you wrote:
> Hi Jon,
>
> I agree with other comments on the list.  I would seriously consider
> FreeBSD or Solaris x86 or even (*gasp*) Windows 2000 before using any
> product from SCO.
>
> There's some traffic in the archives regarding using MapServer and
> phpMapscript under FreeBSD, and I've even seen some stuff regarding
> MapSErver and Mac OSX.
>
> My .02.
>
> Good luck.
> Jason
I am not saying that I actually plan to run it on sco, but if they win in the
courts, then we need to have an option.  I will not run it on windoze.  While
I do not like one bit what sco is trying to do, versions 1.3-3.1 of Caldera
Linux were released under the GPL.  We have official cd's for several of
these versions.

I am just wondering about the possibility of making use of one of them to run
mapserver if there is no other linux option.