[Mapserver-users] PHP/MapScript question: How to return values when map is clicked?

Lowell Filak lfilak at medinaco.org
Thu Sep 11 16:41:19 EDT 2003

The clicked coordinates are in pixels on the image and need to be
translated into georeferenced map coordinates and then can be used in
$layer->queryByPoint($point, ...) .
Hopefully this can help:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/data2/wilma/mapserver-users/0204/msg00203.html
or this:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/data2/wilma/mapserver-users/0305/msg00265.html
Lowell

The following message was sent by har mar <shaz_bot42 at yahoo.com> on Thu,
11 Sep 2003 13:05:26 -0700 (PDT).

> Hello,
>
> I am displaying a shapefile that contains states as a GIF.  I am not
using javascript at all.  When the user clicks on the map, I want to
return the name of the state that was clicked, and some other
information that is in the dbf file.  How do I do this?  I can get the
x,y coords by having the GIF set as an input type. I assume I will have
to convert them to georef coords.  But I am unsure of what 'function' to
use to get those results.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.