[Mapserver-users] Ccoordinate/projection display problem?

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Sat Sep 13 12:29:15 EDT 2003

Gerry -

That's correct.  The PROJECTION object in each location describes the projection of the enclosing object/block.  At the top level in your MAP file you're describing the OUTPUT map image, so that PROJECTION block should describe the output projection - and make sure your EXTENT and UNITS are appropriate for that projection.

The PROJECTION object inside each layer describes the projection of the source raster or vector data in that layer.  If there is no PROJECTION block inside the layer that layer is presumed to be in the same projection as the output map file.

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com / Maps a la carte, Inc.