[Mapserver-users] mapserver-3.6.6 install of the perl mapscript.so on Debian Woody

Lowell Filak lfilak at medinaco.org
Tue Sep 16 09:42:10 EDT 2003

You may be able to leave everything where it is and just add
-I/usr/local/lib/... at the end of your #! line.
That will add the additional path to perl @INC.
If that doesn't work or you would rather do something different there
are some notes on the subject here:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?PerlMapScriptBuild35
Lowell

The following message was sent by Syokim at aol.com on Fri, 12 Sep 2003
01:59:20 EDT.

> All,
>
>    This question has probably been asked and answered, but I couldn't
find it
> by searching the archive ...
>
>    How does one install the perl wrapper mapscript.so on a Debian Woody
> install?  On Red Hat, make install puts mapscript.so in
/usr/lib/perl5/..., but on