[Mapserver-users] Image (PNG) not transparent in Netscape 6

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Sep 17 19:24:51 EDT 2003

Blame Netscape would be my guess. To test? Create a supposedly
transparent PNG outside of MapServer and see what happens.

Steve

>>> Bjoern Platzen <bplatzen at sosnetz.de> 09/17/03 1:34 AM >>>
Hi Folks,

the images (png) returned by my MapServer WMS are not transparent in
Netscape 6. In each other Browser, they are...
Is it a NS6-Bug or am I missing something?

Here's a part of the mapfile:

NAME geoview
STATUS ON
SIZE 400 400
SYMBOLSET symbols/symbols.sym
FONTSET /srv/www/htdocs/parkinfo/font/font.list
EXTENT 2542000 5679000 2557000 5664000
UNITS METERS
SHAPEPATH "dds_data"
TRANSPARENT on
IMAGETYPE png
PROJECTION
  "init=epsg:31466"
END#PROJECTION

WEB
  TEMPLATE rahmen.html
  MAXSCALE 200000
  IMAGEPATH "/srv/www/htdocs/parkinfo/tmp/"
  IMAGEURL "tmp/"
  LOG "/srv/www/htdocs/parkinfo/ne.log"
  METADATA
    "wms_title" "ParkinfoWMS"
    "wms_onlineresource"
"http://parkinfo.neuss.de/cgi-bin/parkinfoWMS.py?"
    "wms_srs" "EPSG:31466"
    "wms_feature_info_mime_type" "application/vnd.ogc.gml"
  END#Metadata
END#WEB

QUERYMAP
  SIZE 400 400
  STATUS ON
  STYLE HILITE
  COLOR 210 210 210
END

LAYER
  NAME ParkInfoQuartier
  TYPE POLYGON
  STATUS on
  MAXSCALE 200000
  DATA quartiere
  DUMP true
  METADATA
    "wms_title" "ParkInfoQuartier"
    "wms_srs" "EPSG:31466"
  END
    CLASSITEM ID
      CLASS
        EXPRESSION '1'
        Name "Zentrum"
        SYMBOL 'circle'
        SIZE 6
        OUTLINECOLOR 131 157 197
     END  # CLASS
   TEMPLATE "rahmen_q.html"
END  # LAYER
#...some more layers...
END#Map

If you have a look in the attached HTML, you'll see, that it renders
right at least with IE6, Konqueror, Mozilla, Galeon and Netscape 7.

If someone has an idea, please tell me!

Bye,

Bjoern
--