[Mapserver-users] Image (PNG) not transparent in Netscape 6

Bjoern Platzen bplatzen at sosnetz.de
Thu Sep 18 03:24:51 EDT 2003

Hi Steve,

I already did such a test with a Fireworks-generated PNG and it works in
NS 6. But I think that mustn't mean, that it's not a NS-Bug...

The WMS-Client that does the GetMap-Request requests as well Maps from
other WMS (that are not UMN-MapServer-WMS) and there the transparency
works. AFAIK these WMS use Index-Transparency.

Does MapServer 3.6 support Index-Transparency? I couldn't find in the
docs, so I think it does not, right?

At the Moment the WMS-Client is presented at the InterGeo in Hamburg, so
that we are going to dig deeper into this next week. I just hoped, that
this would be a known issue... (though I didn't find anything about
this in the archives)

I you or someone else has another idea, what may cause the problem,
please tell me...

Thanks,

Bjoern.

--