[Mapserver-users] Image (PNG) not transparent in Netscape 6

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Thu Sep 18 10:16:49 EDT 2003

Gerry -

We're serving nothing but PNG maps on TopoZone right now, and have had no particular PNG issues with IE.  The only IE issue I'm aware of is that IE 5.01 on Windows does not print 8-bit PNG images correctly - the palette gets garbled.  But that was fixed by Microsoft in an IE release about four years ago, and there aren't many users left on IE 5.01.

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com / Maps a la carte, Inc.