[Mapserver-users] Mapserver 4 Makefile for VC

Swaminathan, Gayathri gayathri at ou.edu
Thu Sep 18 19:29:52 EDT 2003

Hi all:

After being content with mapserver-3.6.5 for a long time now, I was getting
ready to compile mapserver 4.0 and test it.

There are several changes that I notice between mapserver-3.6.5 and
mapserver-4.0. The makefile.vc in the package shrinked. I assumed this is
not the
One that I should be using and proceeded with alterations to my old
makefile.vc that came from mapserver-3.6.5

I was finally sucessful in building a mapserver with the following enabled.

MapServer version 4.0 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP SUPPORTS=PROJ
INPUT=EPP
L7 INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

I need WMS server and WMS Client with this. I see that libcurl is being used
somehow and keep getting errors on the same.

Please, indicate to me the right corrections to makefile.vc (or) tell me
where am I going wrong in this process.

Thanks so much for your time on this.
Gayathri