[Mapserver-users] Mapserver 4 Makefile for VC

Yewondwossen Assefa assefa at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Sep 18 22:26:29 EDT 2003

Hi There,

  There are now 2 files involved in the process, makefile.vc and
nmake.opt  where all the options are included. This separation makes
things clearer and the option file can be used by sub projects like
php/mapscript.
All settings for necessary libraries + optional libraries are inside the
nmake.opt.

Later,

Swaminathan, Gayathri wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> After being content with mapserver-3.6.5 for a long time now, I was getting
> ready to compile mapserver 4.0 and test it.
>
> There are several changes that I notice between mapserver-3.6.5 and
> mapserver-4.0. The makefile.vc in the package shrinked. I assumed this is
> not the
> One that I should be using and proceeded with alterations to my old
> makefile.vc that came from mapserver-3.6.5
>
> I was finally sucessful in building a mapserver with the following enabled.
>
> MapServer version 4.0 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP SUPPORTS=PROJ
> INPUT=EPP
> L7 INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE
>
> I need WMS server and WMS Client with this. I see that libcurl is being used
> somehow and keep getting errors on the same.
>
> Please, indicate to me the right corrections to makefile.vc (or) tell me
> where am I going wrong in this process.
>
> Thanks so much for your time on this.
> Gayathri

Assefa Yewondwossen