[Mapserver-users] Re: no images are beeing generated

pkishor_98 pkishor at geoanalytics.com
Sun Sep 21 22:26:12 EDT 2003

--- In mapserver-users at yahoogroups.com, "Michael H. Fischer"
<michael.fischer at u...> wrote:
..
> most unfortunately i am unable to find the solution to the
> problem of the mapserv-binary refusing to generate the
> png-files.

how do you know it is refusing to generate the pngs? If it is refusing, it will give a
reason, but you are saying there are no error messages. Did you check all the logs,
starting with the Apache log?

..
> the paths for the generated images are valid and for the
> relevant user writable.

how do you know they are valid? I checked the source of your app... the images
should be made at "/tmp/ms_tmp/" per your source. Does that path exist, and is that
path reachable by the webserver? I tried to reach http://kate.mhf.at/tmp/ms_tmp/ or
even http://kate.mhf.at/ms_tmp/ but found nothing... no such directory.

Check the path, the error logs, and write permissions. More likely than not, you will
find a solution. If none of these three are the cause, then we can proceed to plan B.
(what is plan B?)

;-)