[Mapserver-users] WMS layer alignment

Lowther, David W dlowther at ou.edu
Mon Sep 22 08:55:50 EDT 2003

Brian,

I am having a similar issue with the new USGS photos, but not exactly the
same. My map is in an Albers variant and the USGS photo layer looks good at
larger scales, but at smaller scales - like when I am zoomed in to a house
or block level, I get white space to the right or bottom of the image -
making it appear squashed to the left or top. Did the REASPECT=false
parameter fix your issue? I have tried this and while I do see a difference,
it does not completely correct the behaviour I describe below.

Anyone else seen this behaviour?

It is viewable at 129.15.172.20/okstatedemo40.htm. Note that this USGS photo
layer is only available for Oklahoma City - in the very center of the map...

Thanks in advance,

David Lowther
Software Engineer
GEO Information Systems
University of Oklahoma
dlowther at ou.edu
(405) 325-3131
http://www.geo.ou.edu

PROJECTION # ALBERS OK
	proj=aea
	lat_1=29.500000000 #SP1
	lat_2=45.500000000 #SP2
	lat_0=23.000000000 #REF LAT
	lon_0=-96.000000000 #CENTRAL MERIDIAN
	x_0=0.000 #FALSE EAST
	y_0=0.000 # FALSE NORTH
	datum=NAD83
	ellps=GRS80
	no_defs
END

### OKC 2002 Ortho USGS-WMS ###
LAYER
	NAME Urban133
	GROUP Imagery
	TYPE RASTER
	STATUS ON
	MAXSCALE 500000
	#OFFSITE 255 255 255
	CONNECTIONTYPE WMS
	CONNECTION
"http://gisdata.usgs.net:80/servlet/com.esri.wms.Esrimap?SERVICENAME=133urba
n&REASPECT=FALSE&REQUEST=map"

	PROJECTION
		"init=epsg:4326" #WGS 84
	END
	METADATA
		"NoID" "T"
		"wms_name" "UA_ORTHO_302_01"
		"wms_server_version" "1.0.0"
		"wms_format" "image/jpeg"
		"wms_title" "USGS Urban Color Ortho 2002"
		"wms_style" ""
		#"wms_extent" "-123.12987 45.241726 -122.3584 45.75648"
	END

END

ceOverview"
   END
   GROUP "BASE DATA"
   STATUS OFF
   TYPE RASTER
   MINSCALE 10
   MAXSCALE 240000
   CONNECTIONTYPE WMS
   CONNECTION
"http://terraservice.net/ogcmap.ashx?VERSION=1.1.1&SERVICE=wms&LAYERS=DOQ&FO
RMAT=png&styles="
   PROJECTION
     "init=epsg:26910" #NAD83 UTM zone 10N
   END
END

#---USGS Portland, OR area layer---
LAYER
    NAME Urban133
    METADATA
      "wms_title" "Portland Ortho 2002"
      "wms_extent" "-123.12987 45.241726 -122.3584 45.75648"
      LYRNAME "Urban133"
      LINK "N/A"
    END
    OFFSITE 255 255 255
    GROUP "Urban133"
    STATUS ON
    TYPE RASTER
    CONNECTIONTYPE WMS

    CONNECTION
"http://gisdata.usgs.net:80/servlet/com.esri.wms.Esrimap?SERVICENAME=133urba
n&VERSION=1.0.0&REQUEST=map&LAYERS=UA_ORTHO_313_01&STYLES=&FORMAT=JPEG&"

    PROJECTION
    "init=epsg:4326" #WGS 84
    END
END