[Mapserver-users] Re: open polygons makes mapserver crash

pkishor_98 pkishor at geoanalytics.com
Wed Sep 24 12:27:06 EDT 2003

--- In mapserver-users at yahoogroups.com, "Eduardo Patto Kanegae"
<eduardo at c...> wrote:

> I figured out that when I have a bad polygon shapefile( maybe with some NOT-
closed shapes), MapServer crashes
>     and if the server is windows, an error message will appear.
>
>     Is there a way of testing a shapefile or hide this error message on windows
servers?

yeah. This is a problem. ms won't allow you to make a non-poly on a poly layer. And I
don't know if there anyway around it. You could test the polys using an Arcview
Avenue script that I posted on this message board a while back (I am not sure if I still
have it... will search for it... but you should be able to find it in the email archives).

Would be nice if ms has a switch that allows it to generate non-fatal errors and
continue without choking up.