[Mapserver-users] open polygons makes mapserver crash

Eduardo Patto Kanegae eduardo at consultoria.eti.br
Wed Sep 24 20:34:05 EDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Daniel Morissette" <morissette at dmsolutions.ca>
To: "Eduardo Patto Kanegae" <eduardo at consultoria.eti.br>
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2003 9:08 AM
Subject: Re: [Mapserver-users] open polygons makes mapserver crash

> Eduardo Patto Kanegae wrote:
> >
> > I figured out that when I have a bad polygon shapefile( maybe with some
> > NOT-closed shapes), MapServer crashes
> >     and if the server is windows, an error message will appear.
> >
> >     Is there a way of testing a shapefile or hide this error message on
> > windows servers?
> >

> There is no way to hide a crash (assuming it's really a crash and not
> just an error).  If you could package a mapfile + shapefile
> demonstrating the problem and file this in bugzilla with steps to
> reproduce and your MapServer version info that would be great. Then we
> could try to hide the crash for ever.  ;)
>
> Daniel

# thanks Daniel.

# some moments after I post this message, I ran the 'shptree' against my
shapefile and the crashing stopped.
# but one strange thing is that in my application(which is CGI mode) I have
two maps: one is main Map[map]
and the other is a reference map[ref], which is 1/3 of Main map dimensions.
The reference was drawing OK, but
the main map(the bigger) was crashing.

# Eduardo