[Mapserver-users] Can't get raster layer to work

Matthew Haines mhaines94108 at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 27 13:43:01 EDT 2003

Once again I've hit a wall.  I just want to display a map with a simple
bitmap image.
My map file is below.  The map image that is generated is blank (all white).
  Can
anyone see the problem?

Through experimentation I've discovered that it doesn't matter if the name
of the
bitmap image is correct or not -- mapserver doesn't give an error.

I'm using MapServer 4.0 with GDAL and OGR installed.  I know the latter two
work
because I've used them to read .TAB files.

Some other questions about using raster data ...

How do I determine the EXTENT?
What effect does UNITS have?
How does the SCALE (or MINSCALE/MAXSCALE) relate to the size of the image
and the EXTENT?

Thanks in Advance,

Matthew
http://www.nycPropertyResearch.com

#
# Start of map file
#
MAP

IMAGETYPE PNG24
NAME zoning
STATUS ON
SIZE 600 600
EXTENT 0 0 4000 4000
UNITS FEET
SHAPEPATH "/var/www/html/maps/zoning"
FONTSET "/var/www/html/maps/fontset/fontset.txt"

WEB
  HEADER demo_header.html
  TEMPLATE demo.html
  FOOTER demo_footer.html