[Mapserver-users] Max image size

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Sep 29 08:37:56 EDT 2003

Swaminathan, Gayathri wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I am trying to project the USGS urban orthos at
> http://gisdata.usgs.net/mapservices.asp?CategoryName=Orthoimagery using
> mapserver version 4.
>
> My map projection is in America Albers Equal Area Conic
>
> And the WMS layer request is in WGS 84.
>
> The initial hurdle of the map image getting squished was overcome with the
> help of Brian's advice to do REASPECT=false at the end of the request
> string.
>
> But there is a white band that still appears after zooming in over a certain
> scale.

Does the white band get worse as you zoom out?  This may be due due to
the way the MapServer WMS calculates the BBOX of the GetMap to request
when the remote layer's projection is not the same as the map output
projection.  I can't check this now, but can you please file this in
bugzilla so that we don't forget.  Please make sure you include your
sample mapfile in the bug report.

Thanks

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca