[Mapserver-users] Bitmap working!

Matthew Haines mhaines94108 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 29 16:54:55 EDT 2003

Many thanks to Till Adams and Frank Warmerdam for helping me to get my
bitmap raster images working!  Till told me I needed a worldfile and Frank
told me to use the gdalinfo command to determine if gdal was interpreting it
right.

I feel like I should give something back for all the help I'm getting on
MapServer.  The documentation is really spotty.  Oftentimes it is downright
misleading, probably because things have changed since it was written.  For
example the Raster Howto was written in 2001.  Is there a mechanism for user
contributions to updates to the documentation?  I would  be willing to boil
down the raster bitmaps to a textbook example for the Howto, for example.

Matthew