[Mapserver-users] Bitmap working!

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Sep 30 09:01:11 EDT 2003

Matthew Haines wrote:
> Many thanks to Till Adams and Frank Warmerdam for helping me to get my
> bitmap raster images working!  Till told me I needed a worldfile and
> Frank told me to use the gdalinfo command to determine if gdal was
> interpreting it right.
>
> I feel like I should give something back for all the help I'm getting on
> MapServer.  The documentation is really spotty.  Oftentimes it is
> downright misleading, probably because things have changed since it was
> written.  For example the Raster Howto was written in 2001.  Is there a
> mechanism for user contributions to updates to the documentation?  I
> would  be willing to boil down the raster bitmaps to a textbook example
> for the Howto, for example.

Matthew,

I did update the Raster HOWTO just last week, and I would assume it will
appear on the appropriate places on the web site soon.

My suggestions for user feedback are:
  o Directly email HOWTO maintainers with suggested additions or corrections.
  o Prototype new content in the Wiki.  If it looks suitable for inclusion in
    an existing HOWTO the maintain can adapt it reasonably quickly, and in the
    meantime the Wiki info can be used by others.

Best regards,