[Mapserver-users] OGC-compliant WMS-server deliveringdynamiclayers with MS?

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Sep 30 12:20:37 EDT 2003

Debbie Pagurek wrote:

> as per some suggestions from Daniel Morissette, I have made a change to
> my script so that it doesn't do a redirect to result in an image,
> instead, the script outputs an image directly using PHP readfile
> function.

Actually, after our email exchanges yesterday I realized that you could
save the temporary image + readfile() steps if you called
$map->saveImage("") with an empty filename.  When it is passed an empty
filename, saveImage() sends its output to stdout, i.e. directly to the
client.  I promise it's the last time I suggest a change, it can't get
any shorter than that.  ;)

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca