[Fwd: Re: [Mapserver-users] connection string]

Keith Campbell scoota at supanet.com
Thu Apr 1 17:52:37 EST 2004

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [Mapserver-users] connection string
Date: 	Thu, 01 Apr 2004 20:56:58 +0100
From: 	Keith Campbell <scoota at supanet.com>
To: 	Johan Duflost <jduflost at ben.vub.ac.be>

Johan,

Could be that the host you are on, i.e. your windows box with MapServer,
is not included in the pg_hba.conf file on the Postgres server you are
trying to connect to. The pg_hba.conf file controls authentication to
postgres. Your user name will also need to be included in it, either
specifically, through a group, or by allowing all users access.

Hope this helps,

Keith