[Mapserver-users] Can I query a TAB file (i.e. using OGR)?

Balkanu GIS gis at balkanu.com.au
Thu Apr 1 20:15:42 EST 2004

I have what might seem a no-brainer question to those more experienced than
I.

Setup: ms4w, mapserver 4.0 precomiled binary for Windows, Win2000, SP4.

My data is stored primarily in MapInfo TAB format. GDAL is used to display
it (of course).

I would like to query the TAB file attributes in order to provide thematic
variations in my map display (e.g. colour-coding of land parcels based on
tenure type).

Can this be done? Is it done through OGRINFO? Can someone point me in the
direction of the relevant documentation?

Yuri B.