[Mapserver-users] itemnquery returns no results

K Resellmo mapserver at resellmo.com
Mon Apr 5 00:07:39 EDT 2004

Hello all,

I am trying to get item queries working using the MapServer 4.0.1 CGI
interface, but I keep getting the "Search returned no results" error message.

Here is the URL I am using:
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?mapfile.map&mode=itemnquery&qlayer=cities&qstring=('[name]'='Timbuktu')

Defining a qitem did not help. I have tried changing case. I have checked
the shapefile, and there is an entry for "Timbuktu" in the name column.
I've tried querying numerical columns, also without success.

Regular queries are working fine (mode=query) thanks to help from the list,
so I think my mapfile is fine. Anyhow, here is the relevant section from my
mapfile:

LAYER
      NAME cities
      DATA cities