[Mapserver-users] WMS requests.

Swaminathan, Gayathri gayathri at ou.edu
Mon Apr 5 17:21:52 EDT 2004

Bob,

I would rather do the following to get the interoperability working with
ArcExplorer...(Am gonna list all the steps for your quick reference :)

1) Get the Interoperability extension for ArcExplorer -Java Edition
version 4.0.1 I think.

2) Install that.

3) Get Capabilities using,

http://dragonslayer.ci.stpaul.mn.us/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=<mappath>&VERSIO
N=1.1.1&REQUEST=Getcapabilities

This should pop you a XML file (does not have .xml extension but, that's
ok)- Save that to disk

4) Do this at the beginning of the document.

<?php
    header("Content-type:application/vnd.ogc.gml");
    ?>
    <WMT_MS_Capabilities version="1.1.1" updatesequence="0">=====> (This
line is already in your capabilities file you downloaded in step 3, you
will have

to change the version from 1.1.0 to 1.1.1, that is all)

5) Save file as <something>.php under your local intranet site for
example, could be

http://dragonslayer.ci.stpaul.mn.us/pws.php

6) Open up ArcExplorer->Interoperability(Menu)->Connect to WMS, type in
the URL of the .php file, For example,
http://dragonslayer.ci.stpaul.mn.us/pws.php

Hit OK!

And you should get the layers.

HTH. Let me know if you are running into issues.
Gayathri