[Mapserver-users] Mapscript and C#

sgillies at frii.com sgillies at frii.com
Wed Apr 7 09:42:38 EDT 2004

> Hi
>
> i'd like to do mapscript with c#. is there anybody who work on this
> solution
> ?
> As i saw on the newgroups, the is not a lot of discussion about this
> langage.
> is there any reason of that?  Is it hardnesst to do that or simply that
> there is microsoft behind c# ?
> the aim of my question is not to hurt anybody. I'm simply interrested by
> C#
> and i'd like doing mapscript with it. that's all.
>
> best regards

Hi Xavier,

There is one person I know of who was planning to try a C# mapscript.
I don't know what the status is.  Try looking in the list archives of
March for keyword C#.

I also suspect that the C# support in SWIG is not as advanced as far
as it has for Perl, Python, Ruby, and Java and so a C# mapscript may
have unexpected limitations.  That is my impression from a quick look
through the C# SWIG documentation and may not be completely accurate.

cheers,
Sean