[Mapserver-users] Projection Help

Paul VanDyke pvandyke at kib.co.kodiak.ak.us
Wed Apr 7 13:17:06 EDT 2004

Most of my raster images are working great and I am very thankful to
those who helped me.  However, I am having problems with a few of my
rasters and I'm scratching my head...

I am adding them as a layer to my ArcMap project, doing the
georeferencing, then exporting them out.  I've gotten a few to work, but
others haven't.  The last one I did showed up on my MapServer map about
100 miles south of where it should have been.  I've tried playing with
the projection in my .map file and I've tried defining the spacial
information in ArcCatalog.  I realize that I don't have the
knowledge/background/training to do the job that I'm doing, and so I am
asking for help from this community.  If you can provide me with any
links/websites with further information, I'd be very appreciative.  If
you can tell me why my raster displays 100 miles south (roughly) of
where it's supposed to, I'd be indebted.

The map in question is Map 9 at http://209.165.152.73 and you'll have to
zoom out to the south to see what I'm talking about.

Thanks,

Paul VanDyke