[Mapserver-users] Theme legend visualization

blammo bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Thu Apr 8 09:40:49 EDT 2004

--------------040907050004060703080108

The promised mockup:

http://64.33.167.222/temp/mockup1.jpg

This is meant as the final look. of what I'm after, only as a
demonstration of what functions might be useful.

    * The vertical bar for example could be a slider for zooming.
    * The dark areas of the bars would delineate the zoom range that a
      Layer was available for.
    * The tick marks on each bar could be used for setting individual
      Layer to turn on/off at the users descretion, within the bounds of
      the darks bars.
    * Layers could be turned off entirely by clicking the layer name or bar.
    * Stic zoom levels could be snapped to simply by clicking on a Zoom
      value.

Questions:

    * Is this too much at once?
    * I think it can be made to take up much less space than this
      mockup, and still provide the described functionality
    * Anything I missing, it is pretty late  :c)

bobb

--------------040907050004060703080108

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
The promised mockup:<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
 href="http://64.33.167.222/temp/mockup1.jpg">http://64.33.167.222/temp/mockup1.jpg</a><br>
This is meant as the final look. of what I'm after, only as a
demonstration of what functions might be useful.<br>
<ul>
  <li>The vertical bar for example could be a slider for zooming.</li>
  <li>The dark areas of the bars would delineate the zoom range that a
Layer was available for.</li>
  <li>The tick marks on each bar could be used for setting individual
Layer to turn on/off at the users descretion, within the bounds of the
darks bars.</li>
  <li>Layers could be turned off entirely by clicking the layer name or
bar.</li>
  <li>Stic zoom levels could be snapped to simply by clicking on a Zoom
value.</li>
</ul>
Questions: <br>
<ul>
  <li>Is this too much at once?</li>
  <li>I think it can be made to take up much less space than this
mockup, and still provide the described functionality</li>
  <li>Anything I missing, it is pretty late&nbsp; :c)</li>
</ul>
bobb<br>