[Mapserver-users] start up issues

Pericles S. Nacionales nacional at cbs.umn.edu
Mon Apr 12 21:07:45 EDT 2004

Howdy!  If you attach your mapfile, folks can quickly figure out what's
wrong and give you better advice.  Not knowing what your mapfile looks
like, or what you're trying to accomplish, here's my attempt at
answering your questions:

1. Did you specify a SIZE in your mapfile?  The value of this parameter
is your output image size in pixels, something like "600 400".

2. If you are using UTM Zone 20, your units should be in meters.  Set
the mapfile parameter "UNITS" to "meters".

3. MapServer's EXTENT format is "minx miny maxx maxy".  Your extents
should look like this: "363500 5197514 473115 5304400"

So your mapfile should have these parameters (replace the value of SIZE
and EXTENT as appropriate):

MAP
  SIZE 600 400
  EXTENT 363500 5197514 473115 5304400