[Mapserver-users] GIF and PNG file formats

Saurabh Data sd at dil.in
Mon Apr 12 22:20:40 EDT 2004

Dear Users

After configuring mapserver, I had problems in displaying the image files
(as a blank screen would appear). The demo comes with image files in GIF
format but doesnt support the format. It however, supports the PNG format. I
had to change all the image files from GIF to PNG format to display it on
the screen and it now works.

This is not included in the documentation. My question is why by default it
comes in GIF format when it doesnt support this and why is this not included
in the documentation. OR did I miss any point ?

Many Thanks

Saurabh Data

Saurabh Data
School of Computing
University of Leeds
Leeds LS2 9JT
U.K.

one who seeketh , will findeth and all door shall open - james Allen