[Mapserver-users] swf movies not displaying

blaise bpicinbono at worldonline.fr
Tue Apr 13 11:09:15 EDT 2004

Dear list,

I managed to have the swf output for mapserver (a lot of troubles, see
below).
I have added the OUTPUTFORMAT section in a map file; but when I run
MapServer,
with FORMATOPTION "OUTPUT_MOVIE=SINGLE" ,
I have this error :
Fatal error, Failed writing image to /tmp.....

and with FORMATOPTION "OUTPUT_MOVIE=MULTIPLE" ,
I have no error, but the image doesn't display.

In both cases, the swf movies are created in the temp directory; and
they seem to be ok because I can display them in a browser.

Why don't they display in MapServer ? I have seen similar questions in
the list but not very clear answers.
(if I turn the OUTPUTFORMAT section back to JPEG or PNG, everything is fine)

(I am running MapServer-4.0.2, Php-4.3.4, Ming-0.3a and GD-2.0.22 on
linux Fedora Core 1 ).

Although I compiled MapServer-PhpMapScript very well, I spent days to
build with the ming support. I tryed the RedHat9 PHPMapscript method
from the wiki, but it always failed on ming.
(Something like :
libming.so : undefined reference to 'newSWFDBLBitmap_fromGifInput'
make: *** [shp2img] Error 1
)
I had to erase all references to gif in the mapserver "mapswf.c" file
and in the ming "/src/ming.h" and "/src/blocks/bitmap.c" files.
I don't know if it's right (I don't have and don't want gif), but it
helped me to have the mapserver "make" goes to its end.

Can this "custom" install explain the trouble I have with the swf not
displaying ?

Thanks
Blaise