[Mapserver-users] PHP Mapscript setup on Fedora Core.

Lindsay C. Blanton lindsay at lcblanton.com
Wed Apr 14 13:38:47 EDT 2004

Jason,

We just covered this issue about a week ago.  Here are the steps that I
used, hope this helps!

To get php_mapscript working properly on a Redhat Fedora box, I used the
following steps:

1.  Download the php-devel rpm from Redhat and install
2.  Compile mapserver with the --with-php=/usr/include/php option
3.  Copy mapserv to /cgi-bin
4.  Copy the php_mapscript.so file into /usr/lib/php4/
5.  Create a php wrapper script (php.sh) for the php cgi and save it
into /cgi/bin:

    #!/bin/bash
    export SCRIPT_FILENAME=$PATH_TRANSLATED
    /usr/bin/php

6.  Add the following action handlers for phtml (and/or .php) files in
httpd.conf

    Action phtml-script /cgi-bin/php.sh
    AddHandler phtml-script .phtml

Now apache calls the php cgi for mapscript php files, and the php apache
module is called for everything else.

Hope this helps someone out there using preinstalled Linux
distributions.

Lindsay C. Blanton
Webmaster
http://www.radioreference.com