[Mapserver-users] request=GetMap& error in MapServer v4.1

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Apr 14 15:43:00 EDT 2004

Ed McNierney wrote:

> I'm a little puzzled - your GetMap request is missing several required
> parameters (SRS, BBox, Width, Height, Layers, etc.).  I'm surprised it
> worked at all in 4.0.2.  The error message is (a little obscurely)
> complaining because you have no LAYERS at all.

Before V4.1, MapServer used to forgive all those missing parameters in
GetMap and use default values from the mapfile.

In 4.1 the checking has been made more strict on some parameters in
order to pass some of the tests in the OGC test suite, and the LAYERS
parameter is one of those parameters that we check for.  You probably
get the error on LAYERS because it's the first parameter that is checked
for, and once it finds one error it stops and doesn't report other
missing parameters.

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca