[Mapserver-users] Query on symbols

Norbert Thieme norbert.thieme at ilmenau.baw.de
Fri Apr 16 02:59:58 EDT 2004

Hello,

I hope that you found a way to solve your problem. If not I have a
suggestion that might help. Hopefully I get your problem right. Let's
see. I think you are using php/mapscript and the querybypoint function?
And you have symbols on a point layer that should represent the points?
When you do a click on the symbol you want to get the attributes from
the points?

Perhaps someone from the list can confirm this because I havn't tried it
yet.

Try this:
Loop through your layers and check the layer->type and when it is 0 then
you have a point layer. Then you can set the tolerance big enough to
match your symbols. In all other cases you can do your querybypoint on
the layer with tolerance 0 or what you want.

It could look like:

for ($i=0; $i < $map->numlayers; $i++)
{
   $layer = $map->getLayer($i);