[Mapserver-users] Help with Fatal Error received

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Apr 16 09:10:16 EDT 2004

P Wilkerson wrote:

> The administrator for the site hosting my project has enabled PHP as a CGI
> to run
> MapScript.   The script returns the phpinfo without reporting any errors.
>
>     <?php  dl("php_mapscript.so");
>               phpinfo();
>        ?>
>
> Obviously, something is not working right.  Suggestions??

Well, it seems that the CGI isn't kicking in for some reason.

Look at the "Server API" value close to the top of the phpinfo() output.
  If it says anything other than "CGI" then your PHP CGI isn't working.
It could be that the Apache server has PHP builtin and in this case it
is used in priority to handle type application/x-httpd-php.

To force bypassing the PHP module and using the CGI, use a different
type, e.g.

AddType application/x-httpd-php-cgi .php .php4 .phtml
Action  application/x-httpd-php-cgi /cgi-bin/php433

And make sure you remove any AddType lines for application/x-httpd-php

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca