[Mapserver-users]View problem with overlaying WMS layers

Tommer Tommer at seznam.cz
Mon Apr 19 06:46:06 EDT 2004

I'm using MapServer 4.02 and I have a problem with viewing of WMS connected layers from other servers. When only one WMS layer is on, everything is OK. But when I turn on more layers, only one is shown. Problem is not with transparency, all layers are transparent, because I can see local layers bellow, when only one remote layer is turned on. Sometimes, when I turn several times on and off one layer and the other one is on, this two layers are shown correctly. Sometimes the original layer turnes to grayscale, however. And sometimes is shown nothing at all. Is it problem on our side in the mapfile or in the MapServer? Or would it be problem with remote WMS connected server? Thank you for a help. Tom Mercl

Here is part of my map file.

MAP
  NAME VODA
  STATUS ON
  SIZE 400 400
  EXTENT -680105 -1074328 -616947 -1044180 #zobrazený výøez
  UNITS METERS
  SHAPEPATH "voda"
  #IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255
  TEMPLATEPATTERN "itasca"
  IMAGETYPE GIF
  TRANSPARENT TRUE
  FONTSET "fonts/fonts.list"

  # Webové rozhraní a WMS parametry

  WEB
    HEADER templates/header.html
    TEMPLATE "set in index.html"
    FOOTER templates/footer.html
    #MINSCALE 1000
    #MAXSCALE 1550000
    IMAGEPATH "c:/mapserver/aplikace/tmp"
    IMAGEURL "c:/mapserver/aplikace/tmp"
    METADATA
      WMS_TITLE "Pardubicko - vody"
      WMS_ABSTRACT "Informaèní mapový server o ¾ivotním prostøedí pardubického regionu"
      WMS_ACCESSCONSTRAINTS none

      # change this value to match your setup
      WMS_ONLINERESOURCE "http://localhost.localdomain/mapserver_demos/itasca/index.html"

      WMS_SRS "EPSG:2065"
    END
  END

 LAYER # Zaèátek vrstvy
   NAME         pa-ot10
   DATA         pa-ot10
   STATUS       off
   TYPE         point

   PROJECTION
     "init=epsg:2065"
   END
    CLASS
     NAME		"Plavební komora"
     COLOR        	0 0 0
     SYMBOL   	        'symboly/ot10.gif'
    END

    METADATA
      WMS_TITLE     "pa-ot10"
      WMS_ABSTRACT  "Plavební komora"
      WMS_SRS       "EPSG:2065"
    END

 END # Konec vrstvy

 LAYER # Zaèátek vrstvy
   NAME         pa-ot09
   DATA         pa-ot09
   STATUS       off
   TYPE         point

   PROJECTION
     "init=epsg:2065"
   END
    CLASS
     NAME		"Pøístav"
     COLOR        	0 0 0
     SYMBOL   	        'symboly/kotva.gif'
    END

    METADATA
      WMS_TITLE     "pa-ot09"
      WMS_ABSTRACT  "Pøístav"
      WMS_SRS       "EPSG:2065"
    END

 END # Konec vrstvy

 LAYER # Zaèátek vrstvy
   NAME         znecisteni_vod_91_92
   STATUS       off
   TYPE         raster
   #TRANSPARENCY 50
   OFFSITE      255 255 255

   PROJECTION
     "init=epsg:2065"
   END

    CONNECTIONTYPE WMS
    CONNECTION "http://www.utpcr.cz/ogcwms/servlet/com.esri.ogc.wms.WMSServlet?WMTVER=1.0.0&SERVICENAME=environmental_degradation&REQUEST=getmap&SERVICE=WMS&LAYERS=8&TRANSPARENT=false&FORMAT=PNG&SRS=EPSG:2065"

    CLASS
     NAME	  "Stupeò zneèi¹tìní vody 91/92"
     #COLOR        255 255 0
    END

    METADATA
      WMS_TITLE     "8"
      WMS_ABSTRACT  "Contamination degree of water pollution 91/92"
      WMS_SRS       "EPSG:2065"
    END

 END # Konec vrstvy

 LAYER # Zaèátek vrstvy
   NAME         vodni_plochy
   STATUS       off
   TYPE         raster
   #TRANSPARENCY 50
   OFFSITE      255 255 255

   PROJECTION
     "init=epsg:2065"
   END

    CONNECTIONTYPE wms
    CONNECTION "http://www.utpcr.cz/ogcwms/servlet/com.esri.ogc.wms.WMSServlet?WMTVER=1.0.0&SERVICENAME=environmental_degradation&REQUEST=getmap&SERVICE=WMS&LAYERS=15&TRANSPARENT=false&FORMAT=png&SRS=EPSG:2065"

    CLASS
     NAME	  "Vodní plochy"
     #COLOR        255 255 0
    END