[Mapserver-users] problem with labels in version 4.2b1?

Norbert Thieme norbert.thieme at ilmenau.baw.de
Mon Apr 19 08:56:48 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I just compiled the 4.2 Beta1 (php/mapscript) and tried to test my 4.0.2
projects. Everything works fine and the results are the same except the
labels. With the version 4.0.2 there were only a few labels because of
the buffer set in the mapfile. But now I get the whole map full of
labels and I didn't change anything on the mapfile. Even if set the
buffer to a bigger value there is no change. Also when I add the force
false to the mapfile nothing changes. I looked in through the bug list
and I think it is like the bug number 618.

Is this (still) a bug or is there something new that I have to change/add?

Thanks,
Norbert