[Mapserver-users] Question about GetLegendGraphic

Choi,Stephanie [Ontario] Stephanie.Choi at ec.gc.ca
Tue Apr 20 11:56:30 EDT 2004

------_=_NextPart_001_01C426F0.0BB086C2

Hi all,

I got a question about GetLegendGraphic request in Mapserver.  I can
sucessfully use GetLegendGraphic to get any legend icons without any
problem when a layer with one class object and one symbol sign.  But
when a layer contains more than one class objects and symbols in it then
I have a question about it :)  I can get all the symbols that I specific
in a layer but the problem I have right now is those symbols are
overlapped with each other when I make a GetLegendGraphic request.  I
use the GetLegendRequest as followed:
http://localhost/cgi-bin/wms?version=3D1.1.1&Layer=3Dtest&request=3DGetLe=
gendG
raphic&format=3Dimage/png

I just wonder if there is a way to get legend icon with each symbol I
specified in this layer.  Could anyone give me a hint ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Stephanie  =20

------_=_NextPart_001_01C426F0.0BB086C2

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
6.0.6487.1">
<TITLE>Question about GetLegendGraphic</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Hi all,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I got a question about GetLegendGraphic =
request in Mapserver.&nbsp; I can sucessfully use GetLegendGraphic to =
get any legend icons without any problem when a layer with one class =
object and one symbol sign.&nbsp; But when a layer contains more than =
one class objects and symbols in it then I have a question about it =
:)&nbsp; I can get all the symbols that I specific in a layer but the =
problem I have right now is those symbols are overlapped with each other =
when I make a GetLegendGraphic request.&nbsp; I use the GetLegendRequest =
as followed:</FONT></P>

<P><A =
HREF=3D"http://localhost/cgi-bin/wms?version=3D1.1.1&amp;Layer=3Dtest&amp=
;request=3DGetLegendGraphic&amp;format=3Dimage/png"><U><FONT =
COLOR=3D"#0000FF" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">http://localhost/cgi-bin/wms?version=3D1.1.1&amp;Layer=3Dt=
est&amp;request=3DGetLegendGraphic&amp;format=3Dimage/png</FONT></U></A>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I just wonder if there is a way to get =
legend icon with each symbol I specified in this layer.&nbsp; Could =
anyone give me a hint ?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Any help would be greatly =
appreciated.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Thanks in advance,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Stephanie&nbsp;&nbsp; </FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C426F0.0BB086C2--