[Mapserver-users] Dynamic Mapping and Tiger SHP File data

Lindsay C. Blanton lindsay at lcblanton.com
Wed Apr 21 09:52:11 EDT 2004

Hello everyone,

I am attempting to use Mapserver in an application that will display a
map of a county, with cities and important landmarks.  I have all the
SHP file data that I need to do this, and I can generate maps perfectly
using Mapserver, however I have a question about dynamically doing this.

For instance, is there a way for me to pass a variable with the county
and state name, and have mapserver automagically display a map centered
on the county, at the proper zoom level so that the entire county
outline is visible in the map?  I can do this statically by creating a
map file for each county, however that is unrealistic for 2000+ US
counties.

Any ideas?

-Lb