[Mapserver-users] w2k shapefile index naming conventions

ujunge at pmcentral.com ujunge at pmcentral.com
Mon Apr 26 03:45:38 EDT 2004

hi folks,

about a month ago i posted my observation, that shape-file-indexes (*.qix)
have never been used by mapserver on my w2k installation.
ijust fond the reason for this behavior.

for anybody who is interested:

i always used the file name including the extension, e.g. "xyz.shp" as the
DATA attribute and for contents of tile index locations. then, mapserver is
looking for "xyz.shp.qix".
if the extension is omitted, e.g DATA "xyz", then mapserver looks for
"xyz.qix".

Company:

Uwe Junge
PMCentral Systems, Inc.