[Mapserver-users] Reading in Projections from layer data files

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Mon Apr 26 14:45:14 EDT 2004

Seems projections are the topic of the day.  It got me wondering, when
does (or does not) MapServer read and use projection info from the source
data files?  I.e. if I have my MAP projection set in the map file, and I
have a shape file with a prj (or tiff with tfw) - do I need to add a
PROJECTION section to my LAYER or not?  I guess, basically, I'm wondering
does mapserver ever reproject without layer projections being explicitly
defined?

Tyler