[Mapserver-users] WMS mapfile snippet/WMS test server

Nicolas Boretos nicolas at maich.gr
Thu Apr 29 06:59:35 EDT 2004

>> Do I need anything in my WEB object?
>>
>> Could someone supply a valid snippet that tests the WMS servers
>> posted at postgis site?
>>
>> regards,
>>
>> nicolas

> I think you need at least the imagepath in the web object because the
> mapserver creates a temporary image in this directory and deletes it.

The above is snipped out of my mapfile. The other layers work, meaning I
have the image path in my web object
 web
    footer "kaz_png_footer.html"
    header "kaz_png_header.html"
    imagepath "c:/web/maich.gr/kaz_png/tmp/"
    imageurl "/kaz_png/tmp/"
    template "kaz_png.html"
  end

> Do you have a projection set for your map? You need to have that. If
> you have it how does it look like?

No, I dont have a projection set, but my shape file stuff works
I just blindly tried adding

PROJECTION
  "proj=utm"
  "ellps=GRS80"