TTF label wrong

Zamil Murji Zamil.Murji at DIVESTCO.COM
Fri Aug 6 15:27:39 EDT 2004

Sorry here are the images...

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU]On Behalf Of Zamil Murji
Sent: Friday, August 06, 2004 1:16 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] TTF label wrong

Hello list,

I've got a weird problem. I have a layer that is labeled using a TTF. At small sizes, these labels come out sharp for
everything but diagonal lines. If I bump up the size of the label, then everything comes out black (just as expected).
I've attached two images, one is with the label set to size 10 and the other with the label set to size 20.

Ideally what I'd like is the diagonal lines to show up black instead of grey at size 10.

Here is my layer definition:

LAYER
   NAME "wells"
   TYPE ANNOTATION
   STATUS off
   MAXSCALE 800000
   CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
   CONNECTION "user=idc dbname=idc host=idcmap port=5432"
   DATA "the_geom from (select oid, *, chr(glyph_index(plot_symbol)) as well_symbol from main_well2) as new_table"
   CLASSITEM uwi
   LABELITEM "well_symbol"
   CLASS
    LABEL
      COLOR 0 0 0
      TYPE TRUETYPE
      FONT wells
#      ANTIALIAS true
      FORCE on
      SIZE 10
      POSITION cc
      MAXSIZE 10
      MINSIZE 10
    END
   END
   PROJECTION
     "init=epsg:4269"
   END
END

I'm using:
MapServer version 4.2-beta2 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP SUPPORTS=PROJ
SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=GDAL
INPUT=SHAPEFILE

Thanks in advance,
Zamil